It is no secret that I love making food free valentines for kids. These days, most schools don’t allow candy or other food valentines. But my You Are Better Than Chocolate valentines are about as close as you can come to the real thing!
These no food, candy free valentines take just a few minutes to make and are almost guaranteed to produce smiles. The best part? They’re actually school supplies! There is a pencil sharpener and an eraser hidden in that delectable looking piece of chocolate.
Oh, the other best part? I made you a free printable. Here’s what you’ll need to make my You Are Better Than Chocolate valentines :
Here’s what you’ll need to do:
- Download my free printable. You can pick from magenta, blush, aqua or yellow. The gift of choice, folks!
- When printing, select 4 to a page and print as many as you need.
- Cut out your valentines. If your child is a bit older they can totally do this part.
- Using your craft knife, cut two vertical slits near the middle of your valentines to stick the twine through.
- Cut 12-15″ pieces of twine to loop through your valentines.
- Tie around the pencil sharpener.
- Feel smug, satisfied and a little Pinterest mom-like with your cute valentines.
Want to save this idea for later? You can pin the image below and it will be waiting when you are ready!
Want more no candy valentines? I have a bunch of food free valentine printables you can use.
And if you’re feeling extra cheeky and maybe even a little bit gross, you can grab my I’d pick you (nose pencil sharpener) valentine printable right here.