Hi, I’m Jillian Warner! I’ll spare you from having to read about me in the third person because, well you know it’s me writing this, right?
My blog, Mommy Testers is about neat finds in the baby and kids world, DIY anything-you-can-think-of that seems easy and fun and of course some things that are just for the grown ups like great tech items, neat travel destinations, beauty and fashion finds. Basically, it’s things I happen to think are pretty cool and you might want to know about. Oh, and I always try to do it in big, beautiful photos because really, isn’t that what half of this whole Internet thing is about?
I am a fashion industry veteran who traded the garment district of NYC for coastal San Diego living. My family consists of my sports loving husband Craig, my daughter Kayla (born 2009) and we are expecting a baby boy (yay!) in August of 2014.
I started Mommy Testers as a way to share what I learned as a parent while navigating the world of kid stuff and it evolved into so much more. These days I still write all of my content and though I don’t frequently talk about it on my blog, I also oversee and work with hundreds of well known, quality bloggers across the country by consulting for marketing companies in the influencer space.
If you’re a reader, you’ll be happy to know that I am about as picky as they come (just ask my family, they’ll confirm) and do my best to only show you products I think are awesome.
If you’re a brand or a member of the PR world, then I would love for you to know that:
- I have a passion for creativity and always come up with something interesting. Please browse around and see how I work with products.
- In keeping with the above, I don’t participate in any kind of copy/paste mass press release stuff. Yep, it’s all written by me, all the time.
- I do accept samples to share my thoughts with readers on, but it has to be something I really think my readers want to see and I would personally use and love.
- I keep giveaways to the bare minimum. My readers are not particularly motivated by free stuff and neither am I. That being said, if you have something really cool or creative in mind email me! I’m certainly open to suggestions, I just think giving away random gift cards on your blog doesn’t really benefit anyone and just plays a silly numbers game/grows a base of fake fans.
- Speaking of fake fans and inflated numbers, I’m more than happy to share my stats with you, just ask. I take pride in the fact that they are from people coming to my site to read content, find ideas and purchasing info rather than to grab coupons or enter giveaways.