Did your child love the LEGO Batman movie? Do they need a reminder to wash their hands? Yes? Then make my DIY LEGO Batman soap. Tell your kid to be like Batman and wash their hands with a cute mirror decal and this DIY LEGO Batman soap that uses a Batman Minifgure. It’s easy to make and the perfect reminder for Batman fans to WASH THOSE HANDS!
The sweet folks at Legoland California invited us to come check out LEGO Batman Movie Days and the phrase
BE LIKE BATMAN WASH YOUR HANDS
popped into my head. I’m weird like that. And I couldn’t let it go. So I created this decal and quickly put together this soap. The decal is the call to action for older kids like Kayla who can read. Batman in the soap is great for grabbing the attention of younger kids like Blake. Their power combined is basically a bat signal for hand washing.
For the soap you’ll need:
- A bottle of foaming hand soap with an easy to remove label. I love the ones from Trader Joe’s because you can just peel the wrapper off, no sticky adhesive to remove.
- A Batman LEGO Minifigure (we bought this LEGO set that contains one)
- Glue Spots
- Chop sticks or something to stick Batman in the soap bottle. We have these Sporkman spork/chopstick doohickeys and my kids love them and fight over them all the time!
For the decal you’ll need either:
- Stick on letters
- Batman logo
Here’s what you do to make your DIY LEGO Batman soap:
- Peel the label off the soap bottle.
- Empty the soap into a measuring cup or any vessel that you can park it in temporarily and pour back into the soap bottle easily.
- Give the bottle a rinse and a quick towel drying.
- Add glue spots to the bottom of Batman’s feet.
- Use long tweezers, kids chopsticks, or whatever else you can come up with to stick Batman to the bottom of the bottle towards the front of one side. Be sure NOT to position Batman right in the middle, the soap pump still has to go in and it will be in his way, and you’ll be cursing me. Can’t have that!
- Push Batman down so he’s situated and you’re satisfied with how he looks. You can leave one foot slightly less stuck than the other if you want the illusion of a flying Batman.
- Gently pour your soap back in.
- Screw the pump on slowly and you’re done!
Cute, right? I do things like this while Kayla is at school and she loves coming home and discovering what’s new. Plus I am forever reminding my children to wash their hands so win-win, right? Let Batman nag them.
Now for that decal. If you have a cutting machine, you can download my “Be Like Batman Wash Your Hands” file here. I used black chalkboard vinyl because I like the thickness, rough texture and matte look.When I cut it, I set the machine to cut cardstock to compensate. Use whatever you like!
Don’t have a cutting machine? Don’t worry! I lived without one just fine for many years though I am enjoying mine. These stick on vinyl letters are PERFECT for this project. Stick them on the mirror, add a Batman logo like this Dark Knight style or this more traditional one.
Just want an easy solution? You can print this file and tape it up in the bathroom. No one will judge. Definitely not this girl! I like to make these projects to give you neat ideas you may not have thought of before. Not to make your life harder.